UN Goal 2 sets the ambitious aim of eliminating
hunger in the world.
European and Eurasian agriculture historically
makes a two-fold contribution:
- The common agricultural activites guarantees the availability
of safe, nutritious and sustainably produced food
for all Europeans.
- European food exports contribute to food security
in third countries.
The FourBirds Funds are focused on a holistic vision and broader goals
targeting not only food production but also offering development
opportunities to rural areas.
- Improving agricultural performance and enforcing sound practices
- Offering new market opportunities through the development of
innovative farming activities targeting added
value products including,
but not limited to, resources for 2nd and 3rd generations bioenergies.
- Investing in local processing facilities in order to create added value
and employment opportunities in rural areas.
- Combining these investments with Service platforms and export infrastructure
development aimed at creating additionnal commercial opportunities on the Eurasian and Asian markets.
The SubFund "Agriculture in Eurasia" furthers the aims
of several other SDGs, including goals 1 (ending poverty),
8 (decent work and economic growth),
12 (responsible production and consumption) and 15 (life on land).
Type : Open end Fund
Size : 200 MEUR
Investment category: Senior Debt and ABL
Initial offer : Q3 2022
Regional coverage : EU, Central Europe, Eastern Europe, Eurasia
General Partner : 4BIRDS Management SA
Administrative agent : OWL Advisory SA